Friday, April 27, 2012

Moroccan Inspired: Lightweight Outfit

Last year at this time, I was in Morocco and spent a few days in the Sahara Desert.  I saw this skirt and it made me think of the trip.  The culture in the Moroccan cities is for women to be completely covered, no arms, legs, or toes should be visible.  Although, I was aware of that I simply made the mistake of thinking "I'm a tourist" and went to the ATM from the pool area in a beach dress and sandals.  After receiving some looks from local men, I decided to stick to the custom and remained covered up.  This skirt would be the perfect skirt/ outfit to wear if I was to go back again.  It would also be a great spring outfit to wear to brunch or running errands.  I love the neutral "covered-up" head to toe look with cobalt blue accessories.
Moroccan Inspired: Lightweight Outfit




H M studded shirt, £15
Miss Selfridge sheer skirt, $61
Carita ballerina shoes, $235
Long crystal earrings, $23
Tom Ford cat eye sunglasses, 390 CAD
Madewell straw fedora hat, $58


 me+gold palace doors with beautiful details in Fez
 My photos in the Sahara
 The beautiful sunrise
A donkey at the market

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely AMAZING photos! Love the photo of you in front of the doors! Thank you so much for following me! I'm your newest follower!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your kind comments! I love reading them. <3