Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stuffed Mexican Style Peppers


Red Peppers
Ingredients

I decided to make a Mexican spin on stuffed peppers.  First, I sliced the peppers in half and boiled them in water.

In a small saucepan, I cooked a cup of rice in 2 cups of water.  In a frying pan, brown organic ground turkey meat.  While cooking, add about 2 tbsp water and a packet of taco seasoning.  After the meat is cooked, mix in black beans and a can of diced tomatoes.  

Pour into mixing bowl and stir together with the cooked rice.  Lay the boiled (soft) peppers in a pan and stuff them.  
Top with cheddar or Mexican shredded cheese (above) and bake until cheese is melted (seen below).  
The filling should stuff about 4 peppers (8 halves).  This is a tasty, healthy recipe that can also be made substituting quinoa or brown rice for white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your kind comments! I love reading them. <3