Sunday, March 18, 2012

Healthy Pizza Alternative

This is the perfect quick, easy meal or snack when you are in a rush or craving pizza.  This can also be made with mini tortillas as a party snack.

First, I start with a whole wheat tortilla.  This Shop Rite brand has only 80 calories for a large one.  Then, I thinly slice and saute zucchini on a frying pan.  While cooking, I chop a few fresh leaves of basil.   I remove the zucchini from the pan and put on the whole wheat tortilla on a medium heat.
 Add about 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
 Then add a 1/4 cup of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese.
 Then decorate with the cooked zucchini and basil.

When the mozzarella starts to melt, top with some parmesan cheese.  Cook until tortilla is light brown and crunchy.

This is a surprisingly healthy meal that tastes good!  This dish has under 250 calories and can be made in different varieties.  

1 comment:

  1. looks so good! thanks for the recipe, will definitly try it out

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your kind comments! I love reading them. <3