Tuesday, March 20, 2012

NBC's Fashion Star

NBC's Fashion Star is my new favorite show.  I tried to buy this dress online right after the show last week and it was already sold out!  I bought this dress the next day at H&M for $20 (it was the last one in my size!)  I could not believe how great the fabric felt and how it fit.  I love structured dresses with sleeves and the cut out gives it a surprising edge.  I can't wait to wear it.

The designer Sarah was so inspiring.  Her story was about always wanting to go to fashion school and delaying it to be a wife and mother.  She began sewing at home and last week sold this dress style to H&M for $80,000.  I can't believe her tuxedo pants got an offer this week. I also loved the convertible maxi dresses, too bad Orly didn't get a bid. The concept of this show is inspiring, giving opportunities to up and coming designers.

If you haven't already seen it, check it out Tuesday at 8:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your kind comments! I love reading them. <3